Originally Posted by hatari
First of all, the trial campaign season does not historically kick off until Labor Day.

Second, what is everybody’s expectations of a Red Wave?

I think you should realize that with the House power close to even, a 20-25 seat swing is likely, but you won’t see a 60 seat swing like 2010 because the Dems had a 30-40 seat advantage to lose.

There are safe seats on both sides. There is a smaller number of swing seats when the balance of power is close.

Senate - only 14 out of 35 seats up this round are Democrat. GOP must defend 21. Though to defend all of your seat and pick up from the few on the other side.

I don’t expect much here. Georgia and PA were targets. The Dems are spending unlimited money in GA to keep Warnock. It will be 3rd and long for Herschel.

Now, look at the 2024 Senate. 21 Dem seats up to only 10 GOP. That is the opportunity for the GOP to get a 4-5 seat advantage.

I think the wild estimates of the GOP picking up 60 in the House and 5-6 in the Senate are not now nor ever were likely.

I think that's pretty accurate, if Doug Collins had been Isakson's replacement instead of Loeffler, that seat would have been an easy win. Doug is very articulate and stands his ground.

Perdue and Loeffler were weak as branch water. The metro area rules the state, and the republicans can't seem to get the rural areas to get out and vote.

Ugh, PA...the dim is a stroke victim playing the Hiden Biden card. It won last time, I suspect it will win again.