Originally Posted by taylorce1
Originally Posted by SLDUCK
Does it have the side saddle or reciever ramp mount?

I don't have a clue, and I don't know what you're refering to.

Ruger originally sold two versions of the .44 Carbine, the Standard model with fold down open sights, and the "Deluxe", with a built-in Williams-ish receiver sight that was actually mounted in a recess on the left side of the receiver, so that the sight and receiver were flush on the left. The stock is not cut for the sight. The Deluxe models bring a premium and are pretty neat. They later came out with an International version with Mannlicher stock. Those are also highly desirable.

Most of the .44 carbines that show up with receiver sights have been drilled and tapped for an aftermarket sight, and it is mounted external to the left side of the receiver, with the stock relieved for the sight. Theoretically, this detracts somewhat from the carbine's value.

I believe the "ramp mount" referred to is the type that mounts on top of the receiver, using the scope mount holes, such as the Williams WGRS series. These do not require drilling or tapping the receiver or altering the stock.

Most aftermarket peep sights will need a higher front sight blade installed in order to zero them.

Last edited by wildhobbybobby; 08/20/22.

Life is like a purple antelope on a field of tuna fish...