One of the better ones I've read isn't just a PH story, but a much longer autobiography titled SHADOWS IN AN AFRICAN TWILIGHT by Kevin D. Thomas (https://www.kevindthomas.com/).

He was born and raised in what was then Rhodesia, and his first job out of high school was as a game scout for the Rhodesian game department--at age 17. He was also part of the Selous Scouts during the Rhodesian Bush War, and also was employed as a game culler on one of the big Rhodesian cattle ranches, back when they saw big game only as competition for cattle, before there was any major safari business in the country.

I've hunted with Kevin more than any other PH, the first time in 2002 when he was just starting to write SHADOWS, and had relocated his safari company to South Africa after Zimbabwe started going downhill. Since then he's retired, and published other excellent books, such as THERE'S SOMETHING ABOUT BUFFALO--which unlike some PH books also includes chapters by other PHs. (I contributed a chapter on the American perspective on Cape buffalo, which doesn't mean I got paid in any form other than gaining considerable knowledge from Kevin over the years.)

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck