Originally Posted by 1minute
can you please tell me again what you want to know ...?

Having never weighed stag heads, I'm curious as to what 4, 5, 6, ... 12 kg racks look like. Seems those of us on this side of the pond don't base quality on a single index. We usually relate to things like point count, spread, circumferences, height, etc or some combination of those. Some even suggest we apply a water displacement method to assess volume.

[Linked Image from thetaxidermystore.com]

In my mind the above would be a fine trophy, but I have no idea what it's mass might be.

Where I come from that wouldnt be considered a trophy; red deer only grow heads like that on farms.

I would love to go to Romania and hunt for a red stag. It's not just the animal, its the different kind of forest, and the culture, its all a different world. I went to the US once to hunt white tail and was fascinated, and we have white tail deer I can hunt over here. It's the place and people too. And red stags are not miniature wapiti. They are not miniature for a start, and they are not the same as elk. (although technically the same species.)

"A person that carries a cat home by the tail will receive information that will always be useful to him." Mark Twain