Took a break this morning from work to take a coworker to the range. He's interested in joining the private range. He's a long time reloader/shooter, which made it nice to not have to babysit.
Anyway, beautiful morning with the slightest of breeze.

My last time out with this .222 rifle was for load development. The 1st powder charge group after cleaning and a fowler was .071". The rest of the groups were in the.1's-.3's.

Today I wanted to try that same load and try some BR-4's. I didn't get into the .0's, but did manage to keep them in the mid .1's to low .2's. I'm running BL-C2 and old Sierra 53gr benchrest bullets. This is my first custom action rifle. I've had several custom rifles build on Remington and Winchester actions over the years. I've always enjoyed chasing those tight groups but was never a top priority in my finances or time. Fell into this Shilen DGA .222 nk .244" with a 36x Leupold and lots of brass and ammo and an assortment of dies. I doubt I'll ever get the full potential out of it but I'm sure having a blast. Thanks for letting me share.

R.D.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

For HIS service,

R.D.