Originally Posted by 10Glocks
I have a BLR LW PG in .358 and a BLR LW '81 in .308. I wanted to keep them light, and have a scope with good light transmission, and good FOV for thick woods. I went with the Leupold FX-II 2.5X on both. I used Talley steel bases and vertically split rings. The set ups work well.

If you think you might want to use the iron sights occassionally, you may need to go with a Weaver type base that has a groove down the center, or get some see-thru rings. The iron sights on these rifles are so low that its is difficult to see them over the Talley scope bases. Warnes may be a little lower, but I've read there may be a fit issue with some BLR receivers. The Talleys fit perfectly.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Melbhuntr, I just went through this process on two new BLR's myself. The only setup that looked "right" on them was this one posted by 10Glocks. I tried a 2-7x32 Leupold VXII, a 2.5-8x33, a FX-2.5, and VX-3i 1.5-5. I kept the 2.5 on one rifle and the 1.5-5 on the other. Anything with an objective diameter bigger than the 1" tube just started to look overpowering on such a trim rifle.
Here's a video with a guy showing how he had a scope base machined out with a slot so you could see the rear sight. I haven't found any bases that are low enough or have enough of a groove to truly use the rear sight properly.