I have a Rem-Lin 44 mag that I really like. (It has a better stock than any of my JM Marlins). Its trigger pull is on the light side of 5 lb. It seems all the Marlins I've checked so far have been between 4 and 5 lb, no matter who the manufacturer was.

I have a Rem-Lin 45-70 (also with a very nice stock) and a JM Model 39 at the gunsmiths for feeding issues - I have not measured their pulls. My wife's Mossberg - I have not checked yet, but as I recall it is in no way offensive.

My 71 Browning has a 5 1/2lb pull and I never noticed an issue with it.

The Marlin's trigger pulls seem to be a little heavier than the Win levers I have by a little over a lb on average. That is comparing all the trigger pulls the lightest I have is close to 3 lb and the heaviest is 5 1/2 lb. The 3 pound trigger pull rifle had the trigger worked over by a gunsmith and it's the only one with a scope.

Basically, trigger pull seems to me to be an issue mostly when I am trying to get the tiniest groups and that generally has not been an issue with lever rifles- for one thing all but one has iron sights. None are considered > 300 yard rifles.

Many years ago, my first Lever action rifle was a Marlin 57 22 LR. The trigger pull on that rifle was over 13 lb as it came from the factory. Dad got that down to maybe 6 lb.

Last edited by Bugger; 08/30/22.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally