Originally Posted by leomort
BSA,

I really like your Ruger MkIV with the FastFireIII! I also have the target stainless model except mine came threaded for suppressor.

You have a nice rig!

Leo

Thanks Leo. It handles very well. A little quicker target acquisition than the Bushnell TRS25 it had on there before. I like the TRS25 as well. A very good red dot for the money. The Burris Fastfire III is quite a bit smaller and lighter though. I had it out dialing it in the other day, getting ready for the next bowling pin shoot and the fastfire works very well. My requirements may not be the same as the OP's though. As long as I can reliably hit a bowling pin at 13 yards, I'm good to go. He's shooting 25 yards with his pistol. When I tested I was fast firing on the targets, to simulate what I will be doing in the pin shoots. Low ready hold, which at my club means pointing in the dirt about 2' ahead of your toes. Here's the 25 yard target:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
That would not be a good target for a bulls eye shooter^^^^ But then again, most bullseye shooters can't put them in a target that size in that time. If that makes sense.

And because of recent events, I shoot 40 yards as a test, for all of my pistols:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

If I can keep them all on a piece of copy paper (8 1/2x 11") in 6 seconds, I'm good to go. Bowling pins at 13 yards don't have much of a chance. Now the OP's requirements are different. He will be slow firing on a bulls eye target. I have a hard time shooting a pistol slow, because of the head to head competitions I shoot.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA