Waders, the set-up I bought is an Ugly Stick in heavy duty Sturgeon size and a Penn 320GTI reel. Loaded it with 100 pound braided line, it's about the same size as 30 lb. mono, and got a few good sized hooks and big weights. <BR>I don't want you to think I am an expert Sturgeon fisherman, because I'm not. But I've gone on a charter the last 3 or 4 years and found a few good places. My suggestion would be to wait until spring and we will all get together on the same charter I've been on and have a great time, learn some great spots, and learn how to catch them huge mothers. I've never been back to the dock with this outfit later than 10:00 AM with the limit for the boat. Last year, I caught one about 9 feet long and about 400 lbs.! Couldn't boat it, (regulations), but somebody got pictures- Honest! I'll have to track that darned guy down, just so I can prove it! I bet you think I'm just making this up, don't you? LOL <BR>Let me know, and we can set something up for this spring. This is fishing at Astoria, near the bridge. It is a major kick in the butt- so plan on it! Take care- Sheister

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.