Originally Posted by kingstrider
357 stainless it shoots everything well from subsonic 38 specials to full house 357 loads. D&T the receiver for a peep sight and plugged the bolt where that goofy safety was. One of my favorite builds for sure. [Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Nice setup on the peep! Really like that.

The 92's are fun little guns. I've been shooting a 20" 357 stainless for a number of years. I eventually put a skinner barrel mounted peep on it, as much out of curiosity as anything. I really like it. I know I'd prefer one mounted over the action like yours, acknowledge that it's likely going to be better for accuracy, but the skinner was quick/easy and I wanted to give one a try. I like it for what it is and, unless you're going with a setup like kingstrider's, recommend them.

It's mostly a fun gun and I shoot a lot of 38's through it. Short wadcutter loads often have issues with feed/function because of the short oal. Most round nose 38's feed/function fine. I've never had a problem with 357's. I'll carry it often when checking fences and filling water troughs. Joy to carry, light, slim, short, thin in the grip. AR or shotgun aside, it would make a great self defense rifle, especially in a home.

I've always thought in 45 with heavy loads they would be the quickest/easiest bear protection rifle made. Not as easy to carry as a handgun but more punch, much easier to shoot accurately/quickly (for me), and the easiest carry rifle around. The 454 casull would be even more pop but that's on both ends.