Even 700s which have been subjected to a severe overload, show little if any setback. I've seen them with the bolt nose expanded out to fit the barrel counterbore and the cartridge melted into the bolt face yet headspace had changed hardly at all. If lug setback is experienced, the loads have to be unreasonably hot.
I have seen such lug setback on other rifles. On some of the softer '98s, of course. Also on a Sako L61 in 300 Improved which had been loaded too hot for an extended period of time. On this rifle the bolt face was also etched from the primers leaking. Further evidence of excessive pressure. The setback on this one was readily visible and amounted to about .005"
I once made up a Browning BLR (magnum action) in 416 Taylor for a guy who always over loaded things. He set the lugs back on this one by about .012". I pulled the barrel off to check it out then left it off.
Same guy did the same thing with a Browning A-Bolt in 7STW.
Back to the 700 though, headspace is constant. It is certainly constant with normal use. If you are able to load hot enough to set the lugs back, you will experience other problems before hand. GD