Well I have been teaching my granddaughter to shoot for about a year. She is 9 years old. We started with a pellet gun. Soon graduated to a Savage 22 single shot. Then it was time to shoot the AR 15. She really enjoys shooting, and is doing great. Hunting season is right around the corner, so I thought I would let her shoot my 6.5 Grendel and 6.5 Creed. She shot them both well. But she really impressed me shooting the 6.5 Creed.

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

Target was at 75yds, feeder distance. not bad for a 9 year old.

Anyway, I Took her out this morning on her first Hunt. At first light a big mature Doe showed up. Its not Deer season here yet. Bow season opens next weekend. But it was the first deer she has seen from a deer stand. She thought it was really cool. About 5 minutes later 3 pigs showed up. I asked her if she was ready. She responded "yes but I'm shaking". I told her calm down and take a couple of deep breaths. I told her to get the biggest one (the one in the middle) in the scope. Then we are going to wait for him to turn broadside. I told her where to put the crosshairs, and squeeze the trigger when she was ready. She squeezed one off and made a perfect shot, he dropped like a rock. Didn't even take a step. DRT. Needless to say I was a very Proud Pop Pop. It was a Hug and Hi Fives and a grin from ear to ear on a happy 9 year old's face.
[Linked Image][Linked Image]

He weighed 100lbs on the nose, bullet was a 130gr eld-m

[Linked Image]

Happy little girl.

Attached Images
thumbnail (6).jpg (20.62 KB, 310 downloads)
Last edited by jc189; 09/12/22.