In these days of Biden scarcities, its anything that I can find. Just about any brand will shoot good enough for close range small game from my Rem 541 T or one of my .22 pistols.

About 50 years ago I was a temporary employ in the Engineering department on a National Forest. One fall the Forest was having a review of the roads being built on that Forest. Many of the big wigs of the Forest Staff were there: The Rangers from each District, the Forest Engineer, the Forest Admisistrative Officer (who was a retired Navy guy that still had a flat top haircut), and me, on my 3rd or 4th year of summer employment there. We were all driving around evaluating the newly constructed roads.

Back then the Forest didn't encourage employees from having guns in the field, but they didn't prohibit them either.

So on this one day I'm in a suburban with all of these Staff Officers, and the Forest Engineer, who was driving, stops and asks me if I brought a gun and if I would like to shoot a blue grouse standing on the road. I said yes and got my Govt Model 1911 .45 acp out and shot three of the birds. Then when we all got back in the vehicle the Admin Officer said "I thought that you would have a .22 in your pack, then you pulled out that cannon and with 3 shots you shot the heads off 3 of those grouse!" Those were the good old days!

SAVE 200 ELK, KILL A WOLF

NRA Endowment Life Member