I started tinkering with 3D printers about 18 months ago. Finally picked up one for the house earlier this year. Also picked up a shooter grade Pre-64 300H&H earlier this year that was sans front sight. So, the tinkerer in me kicked in. And I started prototyping a 3D printed full band front sight ramp. Started off with PLA resin. Easy to work with. But not so durable. Bottom picture below is my first cut with ABS resin which is higher temp, UV resistant, more durable. TruGlo 0.078" green bead is fixed on with LocTite 406 adhesive. Once I have the "final" sight ramp, I will use LocTite 406 to mount it to the barrel as well.

No holes will be drilled. If I screw up, the end of the barrel will soak in Acetone for a couple hours until the ABS and adhesive dissolve. Using an NECG Weaver rear peep mounted to the Weaver base that came with the rifle. I still need to: (a) sight in to determine how much to increase or decrease the height of the front sight blade, and (b) start fine tuning my ABS print parameters. I had a nice smooth part with PLA resin with minimal post processing. I still have a ways to go to get the ABS part looking slick like the PLA part. Will see how durable it is this fall... smile

FWIW, I also have the digital inlet created for the barreled action and bottom metal. Goal is to create 3D printed Featherweight stock. However, need to step up my game on 3D design programs. Currently using Tinker CAD. I need to find something more robust to do smooth compound curves. Think action to wrist to butt stock transition. Without breaking the bank...

Meanwhile, I continue to tinker...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]