I've been fortunate to ride subways in several countries in Europe - I don't think any of them are called a subway though. All but 1 was a very pleasant experience and the convenience of it really makes it worthwhile. I remember staying in a hotel outside the city by maybe 12 miles and we'd just hop on the metro at 8pm to go into town to get dinner - 15 minutes later we are a block from the restaurant, no parking hassles, back home by 10pm, all for $3. The bad experience was in France. Some gypsies got on the train and apparently gypsies are the equivalent of homeless crackheads here. They did not want those people on the train and they let them know it. I was unfortunately in the middle of it

I've ridden the Blue Line in Chicago. Between people bringing pitbulls on and homeless people undressing, it was not something I'd want anyone to do. Before riding it we had planned on asking some people to take it from the airport to the office, after a couple of bad experiences from people riding at different times (the other group saw a fight on their car) we opted to rent buses for everyone.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings