Bought a pair of Lowa's back in March from Midway. Wore them twice turkey hunting (3 or 4 hours total of wear time). Then laced them up on dove season opener and a rivet that holds the bottom eyelet in popped out. The third time they were worn, less than 4 hours of weartime, failure.

Lowa has a 1 year warranty with proof of purchase, 4 pictures from all kinds of angles, and promising of your first born child. But evidently, only if you pay the shipping back to them.

So, my choice was pay $26 to ship back to them to fix an eyelet, or just have a local cobbler do the repair and let the world know that I won't buy Lowa boots in the future. Maybe (likely) other manufacturers have the exact same return policy, but I've never dealt with it because all my other boots haven't failed after 4 hours.

Petty? Absolutely.

Pretty standard initial response.  Love how they 'may ask for proof of purchase', which was already submitted on their webform along with pictures of all the requested angles of the boots.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

My (what I feel as) reasonable response asking how they're going to reimburse me for the $26 on a brand new pair of boots for them to inspect

Them passing the buck that I did not initially purchase from them but somebody else and saying I am responsible for paying to ship.  And if it happens again, they'll send parts and I can pay a local cobbler to fix their inferior sub par quality boot.

Me telling them if I get to pay the $26, I'm going to get my moneys worth and post on every outdoors forum I'm a member of to let people know how their quality and warranty work on brand new boots.  Even asked them to proof read what I was going to post, in case they wanted me to change any wording or clear anything up.  They did not provide any edits for me and I figured 10 days was enough time for them to submit any revisions to my comments.

Them telling me that I contacted the distributor (LOWA USA) and not the retailer and that is somehow Midways fault the boots failed?

A final jab to whoever Amy is that their warranty coordinator copied in on my response.