Originally Posted by Hudge
I mainly go to Lowe’s if I need anything. I sold lumber while in college, so I know what a straight board looks like! 😂 The Home Depot here is so crowded with [bleep] you can’t get down the aisles and SPS seems to never have what I need or want, but they can order it and I’ll get it a month after I need it.

With that being said, I have come to avoid Lowe’s after 6 pm as they never seem to have cashiers and only self checkout is open. Since I don’t work there, I’m not checking myself out if I can help it.

I didn't sell lumber when I went to college, or high school.

What I want to know is when did the grading change? For a few years I didn't do much carpenter type stuff.

I used to know the difference between contractor/construction grade, #2 or better, #1, and Select. Now it seems even # 2 or better has defects that would have had it tossed in the discount bin back when I was younger.

Now, as 79s says, next time I go to Lowe's/HD I'm gonna hitch up my britches and give them youngsters a piece of my mind about the quality of a simple forest product.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?