Originally Posted by jnyork
Originally Posted by Valsdad
[quote=1minute]
WY requires a guide for non-res elk hunting?

I
Interesting.

So, don't hunt on the fringes and wander into the wilderness area to shoot your elk.

You can hunt on the fringes all you want. Stay out of the wilderness areas unless you have a guide. If you cant read a map that shows you where the wilderness line is, maybe you try high-fence "hunting" on some ranch.
Why you pissed at me?

I know the rules and follow them.

I never said I can't read a map. Never said "I'd" wander into the wilderness area. I just pointed out that one should not cross the line to shoot an elk.

Are you a guide? Have a vested interest in that rule?

As ERK points out, unless one is hunting it's OK to wander around in the wilderness at will. So, any argument a guide is needed to cut down on the costs of rescuing lost hunters goes out the window. Hikers don't need a guide and they get lost frequently. Some even die before being located. Do berry pickers, birders, botanists, etc need a guide? Fishermen/women? Why only hunters????

Is the point of the guide in a wilderness area and attempt to limit non-resident hunters taking WY hunters' game? A bone thrown to the guide industry? Why is that rule in place? Logical explanation if you or anyone else knows?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?