Was out shooting a few rifles this morning. I have a fairly new to me Christensen Arms Mesa that I had bought 3 different brands of factory ammo. to try. Just seeing what the rifle likes and doing break in.
I had tried Sig Saur 129 ammo first a couple weekends ago. Shot pretty good for factory ammo. Then last weekend I tried some Hornady 143 ELDX, and it also shot pretty good.

Fast forward to this morning I tried some Nosler Trophy Grade loaded with 140 Accubond and on the 3rd shot I had a case failure. Got just a small amount of spray back, but I had glasses on so no harm.
When I ejected the brass I found a 1/2" crack and a small hole in the case. I also notice the primers on the first two rounds were a bit flattened. And I just happened to have my chrono set up to record speeds and the factory box indicates 2650 fps and my first three shots were 2715, 2708, and the last round was 2674 fps.

I've sent a note to Nosler but I guess I'm not sure they'll do anything for me since I no longer have the receipt of purchase.

But I guess it only makes sense to me to not fire any more ammo. from this box through my rifle. I've never experienced bad factory ammo. and hate to throw it away. I guess I could pull the rest of the bullets and at least use the components.

What do you all think?

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]IMG_0306 by .com/photos/156405073N02/]Tim Richard, on [bleep]

Laws aren't preventative measures. In other words, more laws won't prevent gun crime from happening.