Al Nyhus: Your quote =

"Agreed on the twist-in fronts/windage adjustable rears.

People just don't understand what's really happening when they adjust the rear windage screws. Add to that the very small amount of contact between the sides of the rings and the windages screws and it's amazing they work as well as they do.

Good shootin'. -Al"

I think maybe you (and perhaps others?) do not understand how to properly install a scope in "twist-in fronts/windage adjustable rears" rings!
In brief I will explain where you may be going wrong and how I have LONG prevented your perceived worry/error.
FIRST... the scope mounter MUST align the twist-in front ring and the adjustable rear ring to the bore AND to each other - and then set them BEFORE installing the scope!
PERIOD!
They must be aligned and set BEFORE installing the scope.
I use a heavy steel lapping bar (either 1" or 30 m/m) to "align the rings" and then tighten/set them!
Then I lap the rings.
NO.... problems have occurred for me and for the many dozens of folks I have mounted scopes for using this "align the rings first" method.
I have been doing this for 35 plus years now and virtually all "unexplained" scope "situations" have disappeared.
I spend a LOT of time in gunshops/sporting goods stores around the west and I have looked on in horror countless times as young "counter-people" mount scopes in these type rings and then but the scope in un-aligned rings and then they "torque over" the adjustable rear ring to then try to align (bore-sight) the set-up.
This will often lead to troubles.
My advice NEVER "adjust" the adjustable rear scope ring with the scope in the rings.
AND... using a long "carpenters square" a scope mounter MUST first align the front "twist in ring" with the bore of the Rifle!
My proven method will initially take a tiny bit longer but it WILL be worth the slight extra effort.
I have posted my method here on and elsewhere in detail many times in the past and it was the result of a learning process for me.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy