Originally Posted by sbhooper
OK, since no one wants to give a decent answer to the OP, I will weigh in. I do not own either scope, but have read lots of good stuff on the Meopta. However, there are lots of good reviews on the Arken, also, and personally know a dealer that puts them on the same level, quality-wise, with Athlon.

Keep bashing all you want, but the guy asked a legit question. Everybody thinks that they have to make a political statement to answer a question. I prefer to avoid China, also, but lots of this stuff is made in China through other companies, just like many other things. Like I said, I want to see what is left in the houses of all you flag wavers, when Chinese-sourced goods are removed. Unbelievable. LMAO at the stupidity.

I agree. The only thing I can add is one guy that I shoot with in a long range varmint silhouette match every month uses an Arken. I believe it is the 5-25x56. He does quite well with it and usually scores pretty high. He says he likes it better than the Leupold he used to use in these competitions. I was pretty impressed, just by how well he does with it. The shoot we do is a good test for optics and turrets. We need reliable and repeatability and the Arken seems to work every bit as well as the rest of the optics we use. Those would include Nightforce, Vortex, US Optics, and the upper tier Leupolds.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA