Originally Posted by 10Glocks
Is this your first attempt? If so, I think you missed your calling.

Did you have the original stock to work from? To take measurements from?

First attempt at a muzzle loader. At the time I had access to a mil and I cut the barrel channel with it. Now I would have to rig some kind of a jig and do it with a router for those octagon barrels.The ramrod hole I drilled with an undersized bit that I brazed a long shank to.Then finished the hole with a 3/8 th threaded rod working it back and forth slowly.

Yes,I had the original.

Hardest thing I ever did was rebarrel a Fox Sterlingworth 12gauge sxs shotgun. That took me two years. I couldn't do that again as I don't have the mill.

Sorriest thing happened.The first hunt I took the new stocked Hawkin out, I had it in a scabbard, butt forward. When I got off my mule and tied her to an aspen tree, she spooked, lunged forward with the stock one side of the tree and her on the other. Cracked the stock. I was able to drill four 1/4" holes down thru the top right in back of the hammer and then glued with 4 each 1/4" walnut dowels driven. It is still like that today

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles