Originally Posted by Triggernosis
Or naysayers?
I'm talking about the modern Browning semi-automatic rifle, not the bad-ass military BAR.
I'm considering getting one in .243, 7mm-08 or .270. Does anyone know if there is any difference in dimensions between the short-action (.243 and 7mm-08) and long action (.270, .30-06, etc)? The Browning website doesn't show any difference in dimensions or weight, but y'all know how websites are....

The rifle will be used primarily for southeastern whitetail deer. Help me pick a caliber.😊

Choot man, go buy one be if you like them. For advice, get a 7/08. It’ll kill anything in North Carolina for sure. And the recoil should be like a mother’s kiss. I still have the 30/06 I got for Christmas 1968. Only problem is it tends to not extract. The product of don’t take it apart you’ll never get it back together training on the part of my well meaning daddy. What decades of not cleaning the gas system did is pit and corrode. Maybe one day I’ll replace the parts and hunt with it one more time. Probably not.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."