Originally Posted by ro1459
Try contacting Jeanne Horne at J Bar H Outfitters. The area is draw for 2nd and 3rd rifle, and they take nice Bulls out of the area. She books years out so she may not be able to help you. She was the outfitter of the year a few years ago. Go to her web site to see the bulls they take. She charges in the $5,000 area. I believe she has one unguided camp available next year and a couple for 2024. She sometimes has cancellations so you could get on her wait list. Well worth it. Good luck.

I know Jeanne very well.Close friend of mine. She has one drop camp that is not a very long ride into. Maybe and hour, lower elevation about 9000 ft. Possibly another but higher. All other camps are a fairly long ride, by Colorado standards. All are on public land.

OP wanted guided hunt and her two camps with full service are back in a ways, 7-9 miles. She usually wants 4 hunters in acamp.

Her camps are top notch, staff are great, food is excellent. The best bulls are taken in an area that is pretty rough. That one is 9 miles in. Probability of taking a 300 bull is pretty low. 275 range is more likely. Her clients are probably 80% repeats

The stock that clients ride are usually Sombrero horses, but she weeds out the bad ones when she takes delivery.

If I was booking a hunt, she would be my first choice .Her prices will probably go up quite a bit for 2023.

Last edited by saddlesore; 09/30/22.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles