Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
IA fog: I sent you a P/M asking if YOU would update me/us on the shooting/accuracy of your buddies 204 Ruger.
I hope you respond and don't leave me hanging.
I currently have 10 (ten!) heavy barrel all factory stock Rifles in my Varmint/predator Hunting arsenal, in caliber 204 Ruger - and each and every one of them is WAY better than average in the accuracy department for factory Varmint type Rifles.
Anyone that tries to decry or diminish the 204 Ruger as an all around wonderful Varmint/predator round simply does NOT know what they are talking about!
I have been shooting the 204 Ruger since "day one" - back in 2,004 I bought my first Varmint Rifle in that caliber and was astounded then at the accuracy, the flat trajectory and the lethality of this wonderful cartridge.
As for its wind bucking ability those of us that shoot often (I shoot/Hunt year round!) can easily become familiar with this cartridges trajectory and wind bucking ability. And at ranges where 99% of all Varmints and predators are shot (500 yards and under!) the wind bucking ability of the wonderful 204 cartridge is NO hindrance what so ever!
At least that is what a large dumptruck load of dead Coyotes, Fox, Rock Chucks, Prairie Dogs, Badgers and Ground Squirrels would tell you - if they could talk after I shot them with my 204's!
The amazing accuracy I enjoy, the absolute lack of recoil, the lethality, the flat trajectory, the fur "friendliness", the ease on barrels and the wind bucking ability of MY 204's has long led me to declare the 204 Ruger cartridge is THE finest "all around" Varmint/predator cartridge there is!
Another place the 204 Ruger really "shines" is at night Hunting for predators when ranging is often rather difficult - the flat trajectory of the 204 Ruger cartridge excels in this regard.
I often shake my head at some of the bullschit a few of our fellow CampFirers burp up, from time to time!
Sheesh - I shake my head.
Long live the fantastic 204 Ruger cartridge.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Thanks varmint guy but,,,,he sold it didn’t try anything else with it
Thanks for the information

We might have to be neighbors, but I don’t have to be neighborly. John Chisum