I'm 47 and never owned a new car/truck. I had a schidt my pants moment in August when I barely had enough brakes while dragging our travel trailer with my excursion.

I spent the month of September elk hunting and had my old 12 valve loaded to the gills plus my travel trailer packed for a month off grid.

The plug on the trailer packed solid with dust and when it finally rained was causing some wierd brake feedback. I didn't figure this out till I was home....but it made for a cautious drive with 40 miles of mountain roads and 125 on asphalt.

So....I finally decided enough is enough and bought a truck with more than I need. I found a Ram 5500 4x4 laramie a few hours away....and it's an awful nice truck. I can toss a couple atvs in the bed plus all the heavy stuff and never worry about how it's going to handle. The brakes on this truck fill the 19.5 wheels up. Ujoints in the front axle are bigger than the drive joints in my other cummins truck.

She's a bit hungrier on fuel, but for what it brings....I'll pay the premium.
https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/7532960229.html

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.