Originally Posted by high_country_
There's a long running thread on rokslide about eagles eating lead. I live in an eagle rich area and also within 100 miles of several superfund mine waste sites heavy in lead.

The fact that I can have an eagle on every coyote I shoot within hours....and this has been the case for the past 30 years makes me aware of the BS campaign.

The left argues its those very yotes and birds that kill the eagles. They have gone so far as to claim errant pellets get picked up by birds who fall prey to eagles and pass the lead. I offered to send a che k to charity if someone can video themselves finding a lead pellet on public land. Still no takers.

A couple of years ago in late January here at my remote place in Northern MN, everything frozen solid and snow covered, I put a road killed deer out front on the ice to hopefully draw any coyotes.
Within 3 hours I had exactly 12 bald eagles out there tearing at the carcass, and they only moved away when a golden showed up. There are no shortages of eagles from any cause.
Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.