Originally Posted by splattermatic
Sure.
Tell me the recipe.
So far geese suck. The dog sure likes them tho.
After surgery, I'm not sure what I will be able to do just yet.
A cheap bow to shoot in my yard to keep me from going crazy til I can get out, yeah, you betcha....
First 3 weeks, can't pick up more than 5 pounds, next 3, no more than 10 pounds.
That's really gonna screw up my waterfowl season, but will help with dog training. I have to walk 3 miles a day. A stocked pond right by my house with a flat walking trail around it is nice.

Good morning splttermatic, this is how we cook them, really good and steak like:

One issue with goose breasts, is that when you cook a whole one they plump up to about 2” and you end up getting either an undercooked or overcooked product. This is how we solved that problem.

With a very sharp knife cut the breast all the way through on the horizontal so you have two halves, season with Kosher salt and pepper, let rest for about 15 minutes.

Then BBQ the halves at high heat until rare by cooking each side for about 3 minutes, you do not want to over cook them here! Cooking time depends on the size of the goose.

Then in a pan make a couple of packages of Knorr Green Pepper Sauce, you can use the directions on the package, I use Red Wine for ½ of the liquid for a flavor boost, this is optional. You want enough sauce to submerge the breast meat, the number of packages will depend on how many breasts you are cooking.

Then cut the ½ breasts about ¾” thick like you are cutting a steak, put them in your sauce and let them simmer, until they are cooked to your liking this does not take very long a couple of minutes, I prefer all of my wild game medium rare and more on the rare side.

Then serve with your favorite sides and pour the gravy over the slices, enjoy!

The Goose hunting picture is a day that in a morning hunt 2 of us shot 75 snow geese and 15 ducks. Sorry for the poor picture quality, I took the picture from a picture on my wall.

Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Originally Posted by splattermatic
Sure.
Tell me the recipe.
So far geese suck. The dog sure likes them tho.
After surgery, I'm not sure what I will be able to do just yet.
A cheap bow to shoot in my yard to keep me from going crazy til I can get out, yeah, you betcha....
First 3 weeks, can't pick up more than 5 pounds, next 3, no more than 10 pounds.
That's really gonna screw up my waterfowl season, but will help with dog training. I have to walk 3 miles a day. A stocked pond right by my house with a flat walking trail around it is nice.
Filet breast out. Cut cross grain, 1/8-1/4" thick slices.

Dehydrate for jerky. Nothing better to do with them. May be the best jerky that I have ever had.

Good morning 10gaugemag,

Yes, they make great jerky, they also make exceptional Sausage. My friend had a killer recipe for goose sausage, and they were awesome sausages!

Cheers~

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by KillerBee; 10/01/22.

KB