Thank you very much for your honest and candid response. It's very appreciated and helpful. Now I'm leaning more towards getting one.

Especially in knowing that I could buy other chokes. While the 3 it comes with, will cover almost every aspect that I would use it for, it's good to know there are others available. At least for the time being. With 16 gauge, you have to kinda strike when the iron is hot.

I've owned semi's in 12 gauge and appreciate that they are generally less recoil than their pump and single shot counterparts. I'm not what you would call recoil sensitive, but with age and more health problems, I will say that I notice it more now than I used to when I was still 10 feet tall and bullet proof. If I can soften it some, may help keep me hunting another few seasons.

I've owned other guns that were imported by tristar and I've been overall content and happy with them in general. Sounds like after a case of shells, yours hasn't spontaneously combusted yet (lol) so that's promising.

Since you have one, is there any way you could check how deep the chamber is? I'm seeing 3" chamber listed on multiple sites that have them in stock, but I'm having a hard time believing that. Would be kinda neat if it's true, but I'm very skeptical of that claim. I would be prone to believe that's more of a misprint so I'm expecting the chamber would be cut for 2-3/4" shells.

That's not a deal breaker for me either way since I don't even know of a source for 3" 16 gauge hulls, but at the same time, would still be nice. If it's not too much trouble to ask.