Interesting fact, the Plains Indian bows typically ran around 40# draw @ 26" draw. IIRC, they killed everything on the Plains including elk, grizzlies, bison, and moose with said bows.
This tidbit came from none other than Glenn St. Charles on one of my visits to his shop/home/museum.
He and the other folks who were deeply involved in getting bowhunting revived as a legitimate hunting method did a ton of research including building bows of the same wood, size, and shapes of the Plains Indian bows in Glenn's collection.

As to the OP's question; It depends on broadhead weight, style, and arrow construction. Currently I shoot 400 series carbons and 1816 Eastons out of my 45# Nirk Rebel.

I get the Alaska Fish & Game's recommendations since not all archers are competent to stick that arrow exactly where it needs to go without hitting big bones.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell