Originally Posted by limabean
So I bought the rifle and this morning I discovered it has been rechambered to 458 Lott.

If it was rechambered with a SAAMI .458 Lott chamber reamer (same as the latest CIP)
then you will have a rifle just like Jack Lott's wildcat. A good one.
The original CIP reamer for the .458 Lott would give you 0.3" longer distance from breech face to rifling contact
than is had with the .458 WinMag.

I just bought some 458 win mag ammo made by hornady 510gr solids.

I never knew Hornady to have made or loaded 510-grain solids, always 500-gr on the FMJ solids as well as their softs,
and lately some 480-gr DGSolids and DGX softs for .450 NE.
Winchester factory softs were 510-gr RNSN, and their RN solids also were always 500-gr FMJ.

I then noticed on the box it says “this ammunition is intended for use in fixed breech firearms only” would you fire this in the CZ 550 rifle? I’m not familiar with these big bore rifles.

The bolt action must be considered a fixed breech, is the only way I can make sense of that last statement,
as opposed to a break-action where the breech face drops away from the chamber when the action is opened,
as with a double rifle or single shot.
Still, plenty of double rifles have been made to handle standard SAAMI/CIP .458 WinMag ammo,
so I do not understand why the ammo was labeled like that.

Of course, firing .458 WM ammo in a .458 Lott is like firing .44 SPL ammo in a .44 RemMag, etc.

Ron aka "Rip" for Riflecrank Internationale Permanente
NRA Life Benefactor and Beneficiary
.458 Winchester Magnum, Magnanimous in Victory
THE WALKING DEAD does so remind me of Democrap voters. Donkeypox.