Originally Posted by DesertMuleDeer
Just my opinion, but I wouldn't. My buddy got pulled over by a Texas DPS Officer near my house with his deleted 6.4 Powerstroke and fined a big number plus DPS was trying to get him to turn the shop in that did the work.

My 6.7 is 10 months old, and given resale values and the mileage I drive, I hoped to trade it at 12 months to avoid emissions problems but can't find a new truck at a price I'm willing to pay. So, I guess I'll go another 3-4 years and take it to 250,000. From the research I've done, low idle time and lots of highway driving should help with reliability. If I were idling ranch roads all the time and / or driving around town, I would trade mine for a 7.3 gas Ford or probably 6.4 Dodge, because I can still find a reasonably priced new Dodge. I'm heavy highway mileage so hoping mine holds up.

You should be good. Have a friend that has a 15 and it is used pretty much exclusively for hauling a 34' Featherweight horse trailer so mostly highway hauling miles. She has not had one mechanical issue. She doesn't run any additives in her oil or fuel, but is a little picky about DEF.

Last edited by smarquez; 10/06/22.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.