Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Some years ago, a guy who made hunting videos put out a new elk hunting show with a guy getting a beaut with a bow. Shortly after than, some fish cops were watching it, in UT IIRC, and one said he'd been to that exact spot. There were some terrain features he recognized - inside Yellowstone. The park service took photos from the video and found the spot. When questioned, the guy who made the video stated that it was impossible to find really good bulls anywhere else.

Wish I could remember that poachers name. He was from Oregon and a archery hunter who was making a big name for himself. A friend of mine was a archery pronghorn outfitter near Maybell. Another friend guided the poacher. Ran into my guide friend a month after the hunt, and he said "something is not right" with that poacher.

In the early 90's he was caught on the Paunsaugunt in December with the fresh killed head of huge buck, a rifle, a bow, and a video camera. Without a license. He had shot the buck with a rifle and then video taped himself with the kill describing how he had killed it with a bow. Among the video tapes in his truck they found another tape of him with a huge bull. One of the Utah officers had done his graduate work in Yellowstone and thought the country looked familiar. Utah sent the tape to the Park Service in Yellowstone and they found the spot and bones from the bull.

That poacher went to the federal pen.

Wish I could remember his name....

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.