Originally Posted by gnoahhh
I'm in the paste wax camp too, and have been for decades. I see no reason to switch. I believe y'all when you say the spray lube works, but I'll stick with my known protocols. Besides I would have to buy some of the stuff and it would gather dust outside of release agent use.

Ditto the observation re: epoxy shelf life. If it's more than a year old and has been opened it certainly isn't to be trusted for critical use. In our boat shop we consumed West System epoxy by the 50 gallon barrel, and being such a high volume consumer we were tutored constantly by WS reps (and courted by other makers). The education "straight from the horses mouth" so to speak was invaluable. (Anecdote: I've used West System thickened with colloidal silica numerous times to bed rifles and found it to work as well as anything else.)

Don't know why I was told the paste wax was a bad idea by a fellow member here who I thought knew more than me??? I had been using it for decades, something about swirling??? I don't even know what that means.

I wonder what Epoxy WS reps were referring to? Was it their epoxy or all epoxies? I can't say I've ever seen any problem with the epoxies I'm using. Until now, I have not read anything about this.

I had enough polishing boots in a previous life. Now all my boot polish has run out. I have a couple cans of Hornady One Shot sitting around and thought that might work. I'll ask the 24-hour gunsmithing guys. The idea of a spray seemed like a good idea, if it works.

Last edited by Bugger; 10/08/22.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally