Originally Posted by gnoahhh
I've stood looking down that rabbit hole for a long time. Part of me is glad I didn't, part of me wishes I had.

When I started making my own BR quality .30 bullets in 2006, it was really to find out if I had the skills to make a good bullet. My good pal Randy Robinett (BIB Bullets) mentored me and remains a wealth of knowledge to this day. Without Randy's encouragement, I doubt I would have made the significant investment of time and resources to do this.

Another part is having a major piece of my BR program being done in-house. BR accuracy-level custom bullet availability has always been subject to components and the bullet makers time. Traveling to the IBS Nationals once w/o a comfortable supply of bullets, I decided to never let myself get backed into that corner again.

The final piece is the satisfaction of doing well with bullets you've made yourself. For the few others that I've supplied, seeing them win/place/show is almost as good.

Yesterday was our last tournament of the season....a Score event at 100 followed by a Group event, also at 100. Conditions were pretty snotty with the predominate condition being switchy from 5 o'clock to 8 o'clock which at this range will guarantee not only about a bullet and half of vertical but also some horizontal/vertical displacement if you're focused to much on the flags and miss the mirage snapping back and forth.

In the end, both the Score and Group event wins came down on my side of the ledger. Always fun to give the PPC guys some fun ribbing about a lowly .30 finishing ahead of 'em in a Group event. wink All in all, a pretty good way to end the season.

Equipment is my Heavy Varmint (13.5 lbs) gun, RB/LP/RE Panda, Bruno/McMillan pattern stock, Kreiger twisted 1:17, modified Jewell trigger and one of Sightron's new SIII Competition ED 36X45 scopes in Harrell's rings. I converted the Panda to what I call a 'Pan-diak' (a Panda/Kodiak crossbreed) by adding a front recoil lug and some other less obvious tweaks.

Good shootin' (and competing) smile

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Forbidden Zoner