BAILEY BROWER JR.
1928-2022
https://www.dailyrecord.com/obituar...L7--sp9yIh8RXcf6erB6NaSzRaJJyl_Tvn1LU2rw

For those Savage pistol collectors and others who are not aware, Bailey Brower, Jr., author of Savage Pistols passed away Saturday at his home in New Jerseyy. Family indicated it was not unexpected after an illness and that his wishes were to be at home. He passed comfortably with his family having said his goodbyes and expressing that he had lead a full life. Bailey is at peace, likely he and Searle are having some interesting conversations.

Bailey and I were friends. He was a mentor and sounding block of all things Savage to myself and hundreds of others. He introduced me to some of the 'Savage pistol greats', many who have also passed on. We first met in the late 1980s after I unexpectedly purchased a small Savage pistol collection while on vacation in California. I returned home and was still unpacking the pistols when the phone rang. I still remember the cultured voice "My apology for bothering you, my name is Bailey Brower Jr from New Jersey and I understand you bought a collection I have been following ...". Over the ensuing decades many hours were spent "talking Savage". Only with my advancing years have I come to realize the joy and value of those hours inspecting or trading pistols, comparing research at show tables or debating production numbers over dinner, or in hand-written correspondence and later e-mails. A persistent collector, he would spend decades in pursuit of items for his world class collection. We might be hashing the Military Contract Pistols. He'd stop, open that briefcase and extract some relevant tidbit of 30-year old information he had collected. Pointed in a new direction, I'd be off and on the hunt, the results usually beneficial to us both.

God bless you Friend, you are missed.

With greatest respect,
Dave Koch

"Too often people do not recognize Opportunity because it is dressed in overalls and looks like Work." Thomas Alva Edison