I started thinking that maybe I hadn't been giving Toot the credit he deserves for the news AND wisdom he shares with us, so I took occasion to reread the thread. I trimmed out the banter and have provided his substantive responses below. You know, instead of being a bunch of smartazz ingrates, we should be paying him for his services to our community. I think the hardest hitting jewel in the the below pearls of wisdom is "markets are volatile." Pause and ponder the genius in that comment. Please join me in coming to appreciate the incredible value that he brings to this family. That is all. Carry on.

Originally Posted by Houston_2
Over 160 S&P 500 companies are reporting earnings expected to be positive. Monday futures are up sharply.

Barrons, Fortune

Dow, S&P and Nasdaq futures all positive at the moment.

See what tomorrow brings.

The S&P company’s earnings reports should tell us the answer to your last question.

The S&P company’s earnings reports should tell us the answer to your last question.
Hang Seng index now at a 13 year low with China’s reshuffling not producing any pro market reformers in the new Commnist party’s line up of leaders under Xi.

Taiwan increasing their energy stockpiles of natural gas, coal and crude oil with the China threat. Taiwan also increasing their military budget.

Barrons, WSJ

Markets are typically volatile.

Futures leveling off to even now.