Originally Posted by Johnny64
I went through the same exact thing.I contacted Kimber and they sent me a new spring under warranty even though the rifle is about 10 or so years old (308 Montana) the new spring was approximately 3/4-1”” longer I managed to get it all back together with my limited Gunsmithing skills and everything now working correctly

Bringing this thread back up

Had a failure to fire this past weekend, thankfully it was only on a doe and not a trophy of any sorts (Montana 280 ackley). Rifle is probably 10 years old, been on a few hunts but hasn't been shot a whole lot.

Just contacted Kimber - "NOPE - We don't know anything about this and there is no replacement". Was their response I know there's the WOLF spring, which I guess I'll go that route. I did adjust the pin with the directions provided, but it's a little upsetting. Have to other Kimbers I need to check as well, while I'm at it.

Anyone else have any luck dealing with Kimber, or just did the adjustment or went with the aftermarket spring? I read on another forum that the aftermarket springs, don't always fit as they're to large in diameter.

Thanks for any feedback.