Originally Posted by jdollar
Originally Posted by hackleback
This is a 5-day, 5 animal plains game safari in South Africa so I’m assuming impala, zebra, warthog, and the like. I personally have not made contact yet, I’m currently soliciting thoughts/opinions on the operation.

You need to know what 5 animals, then decide what you might want to add to the list. And I would certainly add some extra days. To travel that far and only stay 5 days is crazy. It takes at least 1-2 days just to get over the jet lag. Stay at least 7 hunting days, plus arrival and departure days. Normally these package include 2 larger animals and 2-3 smaller ones. I’ve never heard of the operation but that means nothing as there are probably hundreds of SA outfitters.
I agree with the idea of doing a longer hunt if you can swing it. It's a long trip to Southern Africa and it takes a couple of days to get adjusted to the time change. I just returned from a 12 day hunt in Mozambique and it didn't seem too long.

I get into a nice groove out in the bush going out every day and looking for animals. More time and probably more animals is a good recommendation. In Africa you never know what you will see and you might get a chance at a great trophy you hadn't planned on. It's nice to be able take advantage of situations like that.