Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Originally Posted by mathman
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
They're overkill for deer but will do a good job. Use them.

In what way?

They kill far deader than need be.

I always hate it when that happens...!!!
It's an advantage. You can kill, clean, and cook it all with a single shot.

Damn, if only that was true. ha ha.. I understand what you are getting at though. I use lesser bullets on deer and save the partitions for elk. A good ol Hornady interlock works very well on deer. Even big deer. They are always easy to get to shoot well too. I do really like partitions though, but the prices are getting pretty steep these days. I was out playing around the other day, with some seconds I got from SPS a couple years ago for $17/bag. I had 300 of them and wanted to try them in the ol 7mm08. I'd pop a deer or elk with the partition. When price wasn't so much of a concern, I'd grab them to shoot in practice if I were going to be using them for my hunts. Much like I did the other day:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I recently bought an old box of 30 cal 180gr partitions at a shop that sells old boxes of bullets, brass and other components. Ended up with 43 bullets in a box for $15. Couldn't pass that up and I know my 30 cals love that bullet. I also have some really old yellow box partitions that I save because the damn things are very accurate. I hate to burn them up though because they are interesting, since they were manufactured differently than the partitions today. As for the OP, I have never heard of any partition bullet being bad. Unlike the early ballistic tips and accubombs. The partition has always had its act together, since their debut..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA