Did the Marines defend Fort McHenry in 1812?

I did the restoration of that fortification 25 odd years ago... I had ALWAYS been told by the historians (back then) "Yes the Marines were the defenders."

But I cannot find any modern reference to match this knowledge.

Backstory... I am selling my Stafford home to a young Marine Captain and his wife. I plan to gift them an item gifted to me. https://www.gallon.com/shop/other-wars/war-of-1812/the-flag-is-full-of-stars-limited-edition-prints/

I know what NPS.GOV now says in their briefing. BUT it is 2022... and NPS history is often bent. i.e. Abe Lincoln was a racist and George Washington was a white supremacist et al. The NPS is huge on woke history.

I worked on McHenry for 2 years... the defenders in 1812 were often called Marines by the NPS Historians back then... much like the Continental Marines of November 10, 1775 were formed to defend our very few vessels and raise general hell with the Brits and Hessians.

I am only trying to be accurate...

Thanks for solid intel if anyone has any

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.