Shot this 11 point on Opening day 11/5/22. It was about 8:20 AM.
I was watching 2 does in the pasture in front of me and I had seen what I thought may have been a 8 point old enough to take way on the other side of the pasture from me. The buck went into some trees and a little while later a 8 point came out and started working his way towards me. The sun was in my eyes so it was difficult to see. I then realized this buck was too young to shoot.

While all this is going on my son and I are texting back and forth. He thought I was texting about the bigger buck coming behind me and I thought he could see the buck in front of me.

I text my son the young upcoming 8 was headed to him. He was about 70 yards away and was about to cross a fence when this older buck just appears and starts bowing up to the younger one. He had his ears tucked back and his hair puffed out.

I about jumped out of my skin grabbing my rifle and shot him. This all happened very quickly and I was worried He may not have been old enough. I've gotten exited a time or to and done that.

I was using my money pit 1909 mauser in 280. It is in a Brown Precision stock with a gloss (need to get a matte 3x9 leupold in Conetrol mounts. The barrel is a short chambered Shilen like you would get from Brownells. The load I used is a Hornaday 139 BTSP with 57.0 grains of H4831sc in Remington Brass with CCI primers.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Figures don't lie, But Liars figure
Assumption is the mother of mistakes