Loading varmint rounds in the 6.5 PRC is, frankly, a losing endeavor. For the cost of barrel-life and crummy performance, you're not gaining anything. Stick with 130+ gr bullets. Trust me, it'll still kill varmints just fine.

TNT bullets were MADE to be explosive. They are much more explosive than the V-Max (which I still wouldn't recommend). I used to shoot 6-284 and 6mm AI with 1:7.5" barrels. I had to go down to a 55 gr V-max in 6mm to get it to grenade...that's around 4,000 fps in a 1:7.5". I then upped it to 75 gr and 84 gr V-max. Guess what it earned me? TERRIBLE wind drift compared to the 105 gr A-Max. Prairie dogs exploded just as well with the non-varmint bullet, and with the added energy, many would cartwheel through the air.

in 6.5mm, the Nosler 100 gr BT is more like a deer/antelope bullet and I couldn't make it come apart with a 1:8" twist 6.5-284 back around twenty years ago. Unless they've changed it, its not a real varmint round.

Looks like even NOSLER thinks the 100 gr BT is a bad idea:https://www.nosler.com/6-5-prc

Last edited by drop_point; 11/06/22.

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."