I've got a Marlin in 22 Win Mag, that I bought back in MN around 1980 for $99 at Holiday Village.

That thing has pretty much been fed the old CCI 40 gr FMJs and SP. It rode for years in my 4 Runner, behind the front seats on the floor, in my travels. Having it that long, I have killed 20 plus deer with it. NOT out hunting with it, just came across deer that had been hit by cars, on the rural back roads of America. each time has been right after it had happened, and for some reason, most of the time the vehicle that hit them were being driven by women....

slap in that 7 round clip, use the front hood for a rest... the cheap Tasco on top, put the crosshairs at the deer's ear or between its eyes, depending on where it is standing in the field besides the road with its broken shoulder or hip. Pull the trigger out to 125 yds, and down the deer would go... DRT.

several times there have been several deer hit by the same vehicle... women in a Suburban are talented that way.

That Marlin has never failed to drop one in those scenarios.... when 22 Win Mag was cheap, it sure has taken a lot of Oregon Ground Squirrels/ Sage Rats also....that was before I started loading 223s, down to 22 Mag equivalents with shot gun powder....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez