Originally Posted by Tarquin
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
My 10 year old son and 8 year old daughter have cars competing in a pinewood derby tomorrow night. They've got the cars cut and painted and I'm going to put the wheels on and add some weight tomorrow. I plan to drill some holes in the bottom and glue in some 148g .358 wadcutters that I recently cast.

Any advice on where to place the lead from front to back and if it's good to keep it low on the car for a low center of gravity etc. Any tricks to putting the wheels on for a faster time? We are allowed to use powdered graphite or silicon for a wheel lube. Car can weigh 5 ounces.

My daughter's is close to weight already with all the heavy purple candy like paint and her huge hood that looks like a 77 Buick. She only needs one 148g wadcutter. My son's more aerodynamic boattail design is going to need four 148g wadcutters.

Grandpa helped my daughter with the Buick but who knows, it'll probably win. I cut my sons car with VLD principles in mind and went for high BC. I just need to get the weight distributed right.

Bb

Skip the derby.

Take your son and daughter to a bar.

Read them passages from Iceberg Slim's autobiography. Far better use of your (and their) time.

No doubt that's what your father did, which is why you turned out to be the miserable SOB that you are. I feel sorry for your wife and kids. Really.

Queenie!

You and your boyfriend still trying to conceive?

I am MAGA.