Seems like everyone kills coyotes on sight. Maybe raccoons, too. Does anyone shoot crows anymore? Last two times I've been in the woods, the crows were thick. If not just flying over cawing, then harassing anything and everything in the trees. I've looked at a few websites that reference studies on turkey predation, particularly an Arkansas study using artificial nests which shows crows were the biggest nest raiders, even ahead of raccoons. But I never hear of anyone shooting crows anymore. I've done it on occassion, but only for fun and not for any other reason. I'm not sure shooting dozens a day would even make a dent in the population. Just curious if anyone hunts crows anymore. When I took my predator call out in September, I heard crows and decided to play the crow distress call and within minutes had dozens of crows circling overhead looking for a confrontation. In our state, crow season is open year round on private land, and for many months on public land. In fact, Crow season opens before any other season.