I just had Wayne York in Pendleton, OR do one for me.. $375.

It was a 700 VS in .243 that I had rebored to 7mm-08. Varmint contour barrel. Had him twist it to 1:8" and cut the barrel down from 26" to 23" to make it a little handier. There are a few light marks on the barrel at the chamber end but nothing serious. The bore looks great but I am still in the process of getting it "broken in" so the jury is still out.

Interestingly, I had him also rebore a 700 VS .22-250 to 6mm Creedmoor 1:8". That gun. had been back several times in the past to the factory (extra barrel stamps) so I am assuming it had accuracy problems. I never shot it as I had no interest in a .22-250 w/ a factory twist. Fast forward to the present... the bore does not look nearly as nice as the 7mm-08 but it is shooting 3/4" during break in with factory Hornady ammo, better than the 7mm-08!!!

I called Wayne to discuss it with him as to the appearance of the 6mm bore. I knew there were no guarantees on a rebore. Both were done the same way. Wayne speculated that it could be problems with the factory barrel (.22-250) steel or even a problem with their 6mm cutting tools. This was all news to me but I guess they have to ?resharpen them on occasion. Interesting conversation to say the least.

I will keep shooting (and not look at the bore anymore!!!) and see how it all turns out.

I can't help you on the dipped barrel. That one may be harder to find in a factory take-off too. I wanted a faster twist as well so I was willing to give the rebore a go. If this doesn't work out for me, I will likely go the "Remage" route next time.

BTW, JES doesn't do smaller caliber rebores if you did not already know.

Good luck!