Originally Posted by Heym06
Typical fall here two weeks. We are about 4 degrees warmer than Geno. Eat your heart out Geno, it's pushing tropical here today. Estimated high of 36 this afternoon. To bad about your tomatoes. At least it not so cold the chickens feet are freezing and loosing their claws! Had that happen a couple times growing up. Only on the larger chickens. The banties seemed to hold up better! Stay warm guys, in the north.

I'm concerned about my old hens, they're gonna be 5 in the spring. Down to only three out of the 7 we got originally. Wondering if they'll make it through a rough winter.

I guess it's not unusual weather, historically. Article in the local rag, in their "on this day in" column. I guess 100 or so years ago there was a fire in town, temp at 2F, spray was freezing as it came out of the fire hoses. Since we've been here, this time 2016, it seems it hasn't been this cold, this long until at least December and for sure in Jan.

Ain't nothin' but to deal with it I guess.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?