I have used the 7.65 Belgian for years. Both of my rifles are strong '98 actions, so I load it to it's true potential. Because of the 1889 Argentine platform, the USA loading data is anemic as hell, maybe with good reason. I load mine to meet or exceed .308 Win performance, probably with a lot less pressure because my brass life is very very good. Besides hunting, I use one of the rifles, a 1935 Peruvian with original mil bbl, nearly year around, ringing steel out to 600 yards. If you are not set up to reload yet, Norma factory is very good, power and accuracy and dependable bullet performance. I will go so far as to say that the 7.65 is one of those cartridges that by luck or design...'wants to shoot'...like the .308, just about any powder and bullet combo will make it sing. Oh what I wouldn't give for an old Remington Model 30 Express or pre 64 Mdl 70 in the original chambering.
PS..don't pass up the lowly Hornady 174 gr Roundnose bullet in the 7.65, superb reliable accuracy and game killer.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.