Returned from the Texas Panhandle after hunting whitetails for 9 days. My 3 coonass buddies have been meeting me up there for 22 years now. Had a great hunt, nothing exceptional killed, just some great hunting, fun, food, and fellowship. We've been real lucky to have this great ranch to hunt for so long.

It was 62* when I snapped this pic of an approaching cold front. Temps dropped to 33* in the next 10 minutes, chill factor in single digits. Thought this was a really cool pic of approaching weather over deer camp.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

These buck's field dressed weights from 160-182lbs. Coonasses' did good.......

Shot my buck that would score between 135-140 and quite frankly misjudged him a bit down in the creekbottom. Shot him from a hill overlooking the creek at 349 yards with my newly chopped 7-08 and 120 BT's running 2975'. The 2-12x Helos performed beautifully and is a great hunting scope.
It accounted for this buck, 4 hogs, and 3 does that the ranch foreman took and gave away to those who were really excited to get it. I'll see if I can get a field photo of the buck but mine didn't turn out at all. Exit hole perfection IMO out of left shoulder.

Edited to add.......I greatly underestimated the usefulness, usability, reliability, and optics of a new to me Vortex Fury 5000 AB. I verified drops at our local range before this hunt, and shot rocks out to 675 yards at the ranch. They remained spot on, got ranges reliably out to 3375 yards more than once in bright sunshine, overcast, and in-between conditions. So far so good.....mule deer hunts coming up.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.